Saturday, July 11, 2015

創業家的信念Entrepreneur's Credo by Thomas Paine

以下是昨天碰巧在大陸中央電視台製播的"公司的力量"紀錄片裡看到的一段文字。這是美國建國先賢Thomas Paine寫在Common Sense這本小書裡面的一段,鏗鏘有力,讀了頗有共鳴,分享給大家,並試譯如下。

Entrepreneur's Credo 創業家的信念

I do not choose to be a common man,
我選擇不做平凡人,
It is my right to be uncommon … if I can,
選擇成為不凡是我的權利,如果我能的話
I seek opportunity … not security.
我尋求機會,而非安定
I do not wish to be a kept citizen.
我不想當個被豢養的公民
Humbled and dulled by having the
State look after me.
低聲下氣而愚鈍,仰賴國家養活
I want to take the calculated risk;
我會冒精密計算過的風險
To dream and to build.
擁有夢想,也動手建造
To fail and to succeed.
嘗試失敗,也享受成功
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我拒絕以(自己賺來的)獎勵換取(別人的)救濟
I prefer the challenges of life
我喜愛生命中的挑戰
To the guaranteed existence;
勝於生存的保障
The thrill of fulfillment
喜愛成就帶來的興奮
To the stale calm of Utopia.
勝於烏托邦如死水一攤的寧靜
I will not trade freedom for beneficence
我不會以自由換取贈與
Nor my dignity for a handout
也不會用我的自尊換得施捨
I will never cower before any master
我絕不會在任何主人面前退縮
Nor bend to any threat.
也不會為任何威脅折腰
It is my heritage to stand erect.
生來就行得正、坐得直
Proud and unafraid;
自豪而不屈
To think and act for myself,
我獨立思考與行動
To enjoy the benefit of my creations
享受自己創作所帶來的收益
And to face the world boldly and say:
坦然面對世界並說:
This, with God’s help, I have done
這是藉著神的幫助,我所成就的
All this is what it means
這一切就是
To be an Entrepreneur.”
作為創業家的意義

― Thomas PaineCommon Sense

No comments: